ReForm Medical & Wellness Center offers a wide variety of Rehabilitation Therapy options.
Some of our services include Exercise Therapy, Muscle Reform Therapy and Kinesio Taping.
Getting the proper therapy when you’re recovering from an injury is vital.
Contact us today and we will provide you with one of our specialists.
Rehabilitation Services Offered by ReForm
Motion of the body or its parts to relieve symptoms or to improve function, leading to physical fitness, but not physical education and training.
Muscle ReForm Therapy
MRT is a manual approach to treating soft-tissue injuries by re-aligning and re-educating the surrounding tissue, addressing the Central Nervous System to promote natural patterns of movement without pain. MRT was specifically developed over an eight year period to address the needs of soft-tissue injuries with a unique Sports Medicine approach. It is a non-invasive, hands-on technique that generates positive results while the patient is able to resume normal activities.
Additionally, MRT produces rapid results, with the patient often experiencing improvement in function and decreased pain. MRT is administered in treatment sessions which last approximately 30 minutes, once a week. Since, MRT can be performed immediately along with functional bracing; this markedly decreases the patients discomfort and gives supports to the injured site. This along with cryo therapy, when indicated, enables the patient to experience a great decrease in discomfort. All the therapies and modalities discussed above, fall under OSHA’s definition of first aid care which minimizes or eliminates OSHA recordable incidents/injury.
Designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion.
- Functional Bracing
Functional Bracing uses a specialized taping method over and around muscles to give support to the re-educated soft-tissue. This treatment helps restore range of motion, increase blood flow, stabilize or correct ligament/tendon or joint and prevent further injury as the individual returns to normal physical activity. The functional bracing is 100% cotton, is both waterproof and lightweight, and generally stays on the skin for three to five days. ReForm uses the functional bracing in conjunction with its MRT to expedite the healing process.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Knee Pain
One of the most injury prone part of the human body is the knee as this is mostly due to extensive use be it a sports person or a non athlete. Physiotherapy exercises for the knee concentrate on the quadriceps, hamstring and hip abductor muscles. Here are a few knee pain exercises
- Leg Lifts : Lie on your back with your right leg extended in front of you and left leg bent at the knee and foot firmly planted on the ground. Now lift your right leg off the ground without bending your right knee, try and go as up as the left knee height. Repeat the motion with the left leg by bending the right leg for the desired number of repetitions.
- Hamstring Curls : Lie on your stomach with your hands by your side. Now bend your right leg at the knee and bring your heel towards your buttocks. Now grab the right ankle with your right hand and hold position for a 10 count. Repeat this knee exercise with your left leg for desired repetitions.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Shoulder Pain
The shoulder has muscles like the trapezius, deltoids, rotator cuff, etc, when there is a tear or strain in these muscles one will experience pain. To get relief from this pain and also to strengthen them to avoid injuries you could try exercises for shoulder such as
- Shoulder Squeeze : Stand straight with your shoulders straight and chest out and hands resting by your side. Now tuck your chin bend your arms at the elbows and push your shoulders back as if you are trying to touch them behind your back. Once you have squeezed them together as much as possible, hold the position for a 10 count.
- Cuff Contraction : Stand tall looking straight ahead and with your chest out. Now bend your right arm at the elbow at a 90 degree angle so that your forearms are parallel to the ground. Keep your elbow close to the body and move your hand away from the body as far as possible. Repeat the motion with the other hand for desired repetitions.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Neck Pain
It is one of the most recurring body pains, and one of the ways to find relief is by doing simple neck pain exercises. Just by rotating or twisting the neck in a particular direction can help make your neck muscles flexible and strong.
- Back and Front Tilt : Stand with your feet hip width apart and hands fully extended hanging by your side. Now very slowly tilt your head back as far as you can without arching your back. Hold position for 5-10 count. Then tilt your head forward, try and touch your chin on the chest and hold position for 5-10 count.
- Neck Rotation : You can either sit or stand for this neck exercise, start by looking straight ahead and then slowly rotate your neck clockwise. Rotate your neck clockwise 5-8 times then rotate it anti clockwise. Keep your eyes open through out the motion if you feel dizzy while rotating your neck stop the exercise and either lie down or sit down if you are standing.
For information on our Therapy Services
Call ReForm Medical & Wellness Center